As I have been working with clients this past week, the thing I am noticing is that people are beginning to get tired, really tired. So much change, many are feeling hopeless regarding getting back to normal any time soon. The outcome of all of this is emotional fatigue! Emotional and/or mental fatigue is taking its toll and the result is fatigue.
Ways to energize that fatigue away!
- As little as 15 minutes of movement of any kind, can tremendously BOOST energy levels.
- Yoga has been studied and can now boast that it increases energy & clear-mindedness.
- Stay hydrated. Urine should be pale yellow or straw-colored.
- Nap if you need it. A 10-minute nap can increase energy. To prevent trouble sleeping at night try not to nap longer than 30 minutes.
- Omega 3 supplementation has been shown to boost alertness with one capsule daily.
- Small reductions in weight can increase energy levels and quality of life.
- Eat a balanced diet. Avoid eating so much that you feel left in a “food coma” for the next 2-3 hours.
- Consider allergies as a source of making you feel foggy and run-down.
- Reduce alcohol consumption in the evening which can lead to a poor night’s sleep.
- Sit less. Try standing every 20 minutes or going for short walks to boost energy.
- Get outdoors. A breath of fresh air and sunlight can do wonders to increase connectedness to nature and increased energy.
- Prioritize iron-rich foods which may be causing anemia.
- Learn to use deep breathing, meditation, and mindfulness to relax when you are feeling stress.
Written By Carrie Company