Written by Carrie Company
1. Try to Consume no MORE than 25 grams of added sugar per day.
MAKE IT EASY: Familiarize yourself with food labels, not your taste buds.
2. Eat at least 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
MAKE IT EASY: Visit the local Famer’s Market. With a little olive oil and seasoning, spring veggies are a delicious treat!
3. Minimize the amount of processed food you eat.
MAKE IT EASY: Think of the money you will be saving when you prepare more foods at home!
4. Drink water to stay hydrated. Eliminate sugary drinks such as soda, sweet tea, sweet
coffee and yes …. sports drinks. You do not NEED them! MAKE IT EASY: Add lemon, strawberries or any fruit to water for added taste. Bring a water bottle to work and have it easily accessible all day long.
5. Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise.
MAKE IT EASY: Walk outside your front door 15 minutes, turn around … walk back. Smile along the way and remember the wonderful gift you are giving your body!
6. Reduce stress by practicing mindfulness.
MAKE IT EASY: Challenge yourself to focusing on the moment. What do you smell? Feel? Breathe deep, lower your shoulders, notice different parts of your body. What will you remember from today?
7. Practice gratitude by focusing on three things you are grateful for every night before
bed. MAKE IT EASY: Nothing complicated, nothing grand.
8. Sleep well and more than 6 hours per night!
MAKE IT EASY: Schedule a regular bedtime and wake time, limit stressful thinking, alcohol and screen time before bed. Recent studies show a cool bedroom (65 degrees) promotes better sleep.
9. Make sure you are getting enough Omega-3 healthy fat.
MAKE IT EASY: “Burpless” Omega 3 is available on Amazon, at Walmart or any drug store as an inexpensive substitute if you do not eat fish, walnuts, olive oils, avocados or other sources of healthy fats on a regular basis.
10. Do NOT forget the Fiber!
MAKE IT EASY: Whole grains, fruits and veggies are loaded in heart healthy fiber. Fiber maintains regularity, lowers cholesterol, helps control blood sugars, and helps with weight loss.
Don’t forget to assess your metabolic health with the Engage 180 health risk assessment.